Saturday, March 28, 2009

Foodbuzz 24 24 24: 24 hours eating cookies

I love cookies so much that I often think I could spend a whole day just eating them. What about you? Ever wonder if you could spend 24 hours eating just cookies?

And why not? You just have to get a meal and "cookie-it"! Just get everything you would eat for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack or dinner and transform it into a cookie! You can think of it as portable meals!

Ok, let's start with Breakfast! You're having a bowl of cereal with milk and banana slices? Yes, it does look good, but let's "cookie-it"!

Bowl of milk + cereals + banana = Breakfast Bowl Cookie

BREAKFAST BOWL COOKIES

  • 2 ¼ cups flour
  • 1 cup powdered milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • ½ cup butter
  • 1 ripe banana (mashed)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup wheat cereal (crushed)

Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Cream the butter with the sugar. Add the powdered milk, egg, banana and vanilla and mix well. Incorporate the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt). At last add in the crushed cereal. Scoop portions of the dough into a baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes).

Serving them in a bowl is obviosly optional, but it does add a bit of charm!

Now say good morning to my mom! She really approved the breakfast cookie! Again, eating with a spoon is optional!

The morning goes by so fast it's already time for lunch! What do you think if we have Pizza? Or, even better, pizza cookies?

Bacon & Mushroom Pizza = Pizza Shortbread Cookies

PIZZA SHORTBREAD COOKIES

  • 250 gr (9 oz) flour
  • 125 gr (4.5 oz) butter
  • ¼ cup tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp oreganos
  • 1/8 tsp ground pepper
  • ¼ cup small chunks of fried bacon (cooled)
  • ¼ cup small chunks of cooked mushrooms (cooled)
  • 1/8 cup grated cheese (plus more for topping)

In a food processor place all dry ingredients (flour, salt, garlic, oreganos and pepper) with the cold butter cut into medium chunks. Pulse a few times until it has a course consistency. Mix the tomato sauce with the water and add to the flour-butter mixture and pulse a few more times until the dough forms a ball. Transfer the ball of dough to a lightly floured table and incorporate the cheese, bacon and mushrooms. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Roll the dough and cut into shapes. Bake in a 180ºC (350ºF) preheated oven until golden brown. On the last minute of baking put a little bit of grated cheese on top and let it melt before taking out the cookies from the oven.

You can make them round...

... or in the shape of pizza slices! For that cut big circles of dough (use a plate over the dough and cut arround it with a knife). Score the slices slightly before baking and finishing cutting them with a serrated knife after they've cooled down.

You're hungry again? Ah, you feel like having an afternoon snack, don't you? Ok, let's be healthy and have a cup of tea and an apple. You want a bit of chocolate as well? Sure. Not satisfied yet? Maybe some nuts will help. Ok, just give me all that, I'll transform it in a cookie for you!

Tea + Apple + Chocolate + Hazelnuts = "I feel like a snack" Cookie

“I FEEL LIKE A SNACK" COOKIE

  • 115 gr (1/2 cup) butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 ½ cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 apple (grated)
  • 60 gr (2 oz) melted dark chocolate
  • 2 black tea bags*
  • ½ cup toasted (and skinned) chopped hazelnuts

Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Cream the butter with the sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add the melted dark chocolate and then incorporate the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Open the tea bags and add the tea as well. At last add in the hazelnuts and the grated apple. Scoop portions of the dough into a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies, making sure you don’t over bake them. They should come out of the oven when they still look slightly under baked. * The tea bags I’ve used had almost pulverized tea, but if you have only leafs, you should grind them to a powder before adding to the dough.

And here they are!

And a look at the moist interior. They were delicious!

Just ask my neighbour Mónica! Or do you think that's a fake smile on her face?

This is being a lot of fun, but the day is finishing! It's time for the last meal for today! I think we should have a nice dinner: Chicken breasts with mustard, white rice and steamed broccoli. I bet you want to see the cookie version of it!

Chicken with mustard + Rice + Broccoli = Chicken & Broccoli Biscotti

CHICKEN & BROCCOLI BISCOTTI

  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup rice flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp mustard
  • ½ chicken breast (cooked and cooled)
  • 2 small pieces of broccoli (cooked and cooled)

Mix olive oil, egg and mustard. In another bowl mix all dry ingredients (flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder). Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with your hands. Dice in small chunks the chicken and broccoli and incorporate them into the dough, carefully, because the broccoli is very delicate. Shape the dough into a log and bake in a preheated 180ºC (350ºF) oven until it starts to appear baked but it’s not golden brown yet. Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes and lower the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Then slice into diagonal pieces and put the pieces cut side down into the baking sheet. Bake for until golden, the time will depend on the thickness of your biscotti.

They're great plain...

... or to dunk in your soup, as you would dunk your sweet biscotti into your coffee or tea!

Ok, we're done, you can have a cookie for dessert!

Cookies make people happy! Eat cookies!...

... And go from a) to b) in just a few bites!

65 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

HOLY FREAKING YUM COOKIE CELEBRATION!!! :-D

Rachel said...

Gosh this is what is true creativity!!!!

Maria said...

That is a perfect day of eating if you ask me. I LOVE IT!

Risa said...

This is such a cute idea!

Bob said...

Ha! That is just plain awesome.

Simone Izumi said...

Que post genial!!!!!!!!!!
ahhahahahaha...morri de rir!
E adorei todas as opçoes, eu topo uma dieta de cookies durante um mes!!!!rs
bjs
si

Dawn said...

holy shit!
now you tell me that I'm creative? umm hello? this is PURE genius.
I think this post deserves a standing ovation!

bentayga con sabor said...

Vaya me has dejado con la boca abierta,todas tienen una pinta buenísima.En casa nos encantan las galletas,así que ya te las copiaré,jejee...con tú permiso.

CaSaundraLeigh said...

Wow this is so neat!! You must have put a lot of time and thought into it! Super cooool. Definitely gotta link to it on my blog if you don't mind. =)

Heather said...

I LOVE IT!!!! They all sound so good, but i think my favorite is the breakfast cookie!

oneordinaryday said...

This is a crazy post! LOL When I got to the pic of the rice and broccoli I thought - "no way is she gonna do it" - and you did it.
You are really creative.
Great post and fun ideas.
Michelle
http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/

Reeni♥ said...

I want to eat cookies for a day... or a week!! They all sound so good!! I love the savory biscotti to dunk in soup, yum!!!!

Katrina said...

Now there's a meal plan I could totally go for! Put me on the cookie diet! Yum to cookies! Yeah to Rita!

May said...

Genius! :D

Pearl said...

OH MY GOSH. REALLY? WOW! REALLY? I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT! LOL
wow - did you come up with those recipes all in one day? you must've been a busy little bee in the kitchen! how ADORABLE :D the dinner cookie made me laugh - it's SO creative!

Steph said...

I just went from a to b reading your post! That looks like a lot of fun.

Lindsay said...

So long as cookies can be made, you'll never go hungry.

thereddeer said...

Haha! I never would of thought of this - a whole day of cookies!! Great idea!

Tanya said...

You are just so creative! Chicken and broccoli biscotti? I never would even think about doing that, but you make it look really delicious! I would happily eat cookies for 24 hours.

Jenny said...

Rita,
You never cease to amaze me. What a fun post and creative cookies girl. I want to come over and eat cookies all day! Too fun!

FFichiban said...

OH WOOOOWW You are a genius!!!! They all look and sound so tasty and delicious yummmmmm XD 24 hrs of cookies yum yum yum yum ^^!

Maggie said...

Awesome ideas!! The chicken biscotti are a little over the top but I really want to try the pizza shortbread. It sounds so delicious!

sunita said...

That was so much fun..very creative :-)

Sophie said...

You are one creative cookie ;). How fun! I certainly could eat cookies 24/7 :). Sweet and savory, these are yum!

A_and_N said...

Throw in a few more varieties and I am set for life :)

lisaiscooking said...

Now this sounds like fun! The cookies all look delicious too!

basicallybaked said...

Cookies all day long! That sounds like a good day to me! Your Mom looks like she's a fun lady!!

Zita said...

Wow...you never run out of idea, do you? chicken biscotti is my favorite :)

Elyse said...

This is just the most perfect post I've ever seen!! I totally love this idea, and darn it, if all of those cookies, even the chicken broccoli biscotti, didn't make my mouth water. Mmm, mm, delicious!

Ivy said...

You are so inventive and this post was so fun to read!

Nate-n-Annie said...

Hello fellow "24'er"

Congratulations on being selected for a 24, 24, 24 event. What an interesting all-day affair! I am impressed with your pizza cookie. So inventive

Madeleine said...

Wow!! increíble!!! eres super creativa! felicidades!! :)

Bridgett said...

Oh my goodness, I am definitely coming to your house! You guys are having a blast over there with all these cookies.

Noor said...

your so funny! I love it.

Darius T. Williams said...

OMG - now, how awesome is this post? This is FANTASTIC! SUCH creativity. I love it.

Linsey said...

Very funny cookie post - I love it! I actually found myself chuckling at your diagrams and transformations!

Maris said...

You had me until chicken and broccoli biscotti :)

morgana said...

Cómo he disfrutado con este artículo, ME ENCANTAN estos inventos tuyos, son una auténtica gozada.

Bueno, y saluda a tu mami, de mi parte, que en las fotos parece super simpática.

Besos para las dos.

Hendria said...

What a great Idea...Cookies all day.... got to love it... :)

Sara said...

Amazing!

mesa para 4 said...

Bem eu cá era capaz de comer todo o dia os teus cookies :-) pudera...adorei a tua mom e a tua vizinha...beijinho

jen said...

loved this!

_ts of [eatingclub] vancouver said...

What a fun post!

The Blonde Duck said...

This is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen in my life. I need a bowl of breakfast cookie!

noble pig said...

I am definitely coming to your ouse for meals!

Emily said...

You always entertain me! This was a fabulous idea! The breakfast cookies are my favorite.

Nachiketa said...

Absolutely fantabulous.......

Cookies all the way.... :-)

you even managed the chicken, rice n broccoli bit.....
The Variable - Nachiketa

Mobula said...

Impresionante!!! Me encanta!!! Una galleta, una comida, muy original!!! Con tu permiso te copio algunas de las recetas...

Besos...

ana

Aggie said...

Wow, awesome!! so creative and so FUN!! love it!!

Love that you made those biscotti, and dipped them in soup!!!

Katie said...

What a great idea and I think I could eat cookies all day long!

Carolyne said...

Very innovative!!!

It's nice to meet you, btw! Isn't it wonderful to meet so many interesting people in the blogosphere?

Nick said...

Awesomely creative, love it! I really need to jump on the Foodbuzz 24 bandwagon next time, sounds like a lot of fun!

Cakebrain said...

You're so creative! if I had to eat anything for 24 hours, cookies would be up there (along with cake, of course)!

alm said...

that is all kinds of awesome

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

You are so creative. What great ideas!

Raelynn said...

Tomato sauce, chicken, and rice...all found in cookies, where were you when I was little? This just could be the next great thing!!

eleventhst said...

I love this post!!! Very creative! I would love to try the breakfast cookie!

tallmisto said...

Amazing! I loved this.

stephchows said...

What a seriously fun idea!! Love it!

pixen said...

You're going to make my son really happy! Cookies all day?! :-O

Tim said...

So awesome, this is what food blogs were invented for!

Megan said...

I love this! Amazing! Especially the chicken and rice one... ^_^

Colloquial Cook said...

Rita Darling - you are crazy but I love you just like that!
Stéphane and I went to the Levain bakery the other day, we almost had a heart attack when the lady handed us the bag with two warm cookies and it weighed more than a pound! We got the walnut and the choc chip, and the chocolate one was realy over the top, I would have taken an insuline shot if I had been offered one. We were on a hell of a sugar high for the rest of the day!!!!

Martha said...

That's what I call crazy for cookies!

Jenny said...

Good idea! Perhaps I would try baking some low calorie cookies to help me with my diet plans, without taking life's pleasure away!